Terms & Privacy Policies
This Website (“Site”) is owned and operated by The Houston Maritime Museum (“We” / “Us” / “Our”), 2204 Dorrington, Houston, Texas 77030. The Site is for private, non-commercial, informational, and entertainment purposes only.
We provide the content on this Site, in support of our mission to capture and preserve the wonder and influence of maritime history and the marine industry with focus on the development of Houston, the Texas Gulf Coast, and the State of TExas.
These Terms Policies are enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas and the United States of America.
Terms & Conditions Policy
About the Terms
If We decide to change these Terms & Conditions, We will post those changes on this page and update the modification date below.
This policy was last modified on December 4, 2015.
Copyrights and Intellectual Property
We are the owner of the compilation of content that is posted on this Site, which consists of text, images, audio, video, databases, design, codes, and software (“Content”). All intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered), including copyright, design, patents, photographs, illustrations, software and trademarks in and on this Site shall remain vested with Us or Our licensors.
You may make fair use of Our content as defined by copyright law of the United States of America. Information on United States copyright fair use law is available from the United States Copyright Office (see http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html). Please note, You are responsible for determining whether Your use is fair and for responding to any claims that may arise from Your use. If You use copies of this Site’s text and/or images for purposes in excess of “fair use” as defined by the copyright law, You may be liable for copyright infringement.
We allow personal, educational (“classroom use by students and teachers”), and other non-commercial uses of Our Content on the following terms:
- You must cite the author and source of the content as You would material from any printed work
- You must cite and link to, when possible, this Site as the source of the content.
- You may not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices including attribution information, credits, and notices, that are placed in or near the text, images, or data.
- You must comply with all terms or restrictions other than copyright (such as trademark, publicity and privacy rights, or contractual restrictions) as may be specified in the metadata or as may otherwise apply to the Content.
To use Our content for commercial purposes, first contact us at " href="mailto:email@example.com" target="_blank" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(51, 122, 183);">info@HoustonMaritime.org or (713) 666-1910. You may be required to pay Us licensing fees for commercial use.
This Site may contain links to other sites. These linked sites are outside of Our control, and as such, We do not accept responsibility or liability for their content, materials, products or services, or warrant the accuracy or security of the linked sites. If You visit a linked site, You do so entirely at Your own risk. Our inclusion of linked sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on them or any association with their owners or operators. Linked sites may contain advertisements—these advertisements are not recommendations or endorsements by Us and We are not responsible for the products or services being advertised.
Intellectual property rights of others
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and prohibit materials that violate another party’s intellectual property rights. If You believe any material on this Site infringes upon a copyright, please send a written notification of such infringement to Our Webmaster by taking the following steps:
- Identify the content and URL that contains the material You claim infringes Your copyright. Please word this similar to the following: “The picture of the ____ (or text) at the following URL infringes on my copyright: http://…”
- State that You believe “in good faith” that the material You identify as copyrighted is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- State that the information contained in Your copyright notice “is accurate to the best of my knowledge”, and that You attest under the penalty of perjury that You are the copyright owner or that You are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Include Your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. Forward these details to the address listed in the “Contacting Us” section below.
We will attempt to contact the source of the allegedly infringing material and may remove any content that is the subject of a notice under this clause within a reasonable time. We reserve the right to take any further steps We deem necessary to further investigate such content.
Without limiting the foregoing, all materials on this Site are provided “AS IS” WITHOUT A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. We assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to or viruses that may infect Your computer equipment or other property as a result of Your use of this Site or Your downloading of any materials from this Site.